Ductless Air Conditioner vs Heat Pump
Save $500 on New Installation
- Install a mini-split AC system and choose any model or efficiency rating.
- Highest customer satisfaction. 45,000+ happy customers in the Twin Cities.
When you’re considering having our Minneapolis St. Paul heating and air conditioning company install a ductless mini-split system for your home, we’ll help you choose exactly the right combination of manufacturer and model to match your unique requirements. We sell and install ductless mini-split units from Daikin, LG, Mitsubishi, Carrier Toshiba, Lennox, Fujitsu and Samsung. Most of these systems are available in either air conditioning only or heat pump versions. Which is the best choice for your home depends on several factors. Ductless heat pumps not only provide efficient, money-saving cooling, but also supplemental heat when the temperature outdoors is chilly.
Heat pumps work by reversing the refrigeration cycle, capturing heat from the outdoor air and delivering it to the home’s interior. Even when outdoor air is cooler than the desired temperature, a heat pump can heat indoor rooms effectively. Once outside temperatures get too low, though, your home’s normal heating system takes over. Ductless heat pump technology is very efficient, and can save money on your energy bills, compared to hot-water and steam heating in the cool spring and fall months. Is it a good idea for your home? Our experienced consultants can help you calculate the potential savings. Ductless heat pump systems cost somewhat more than AC-only models, so those calculations can help you make an informed choice. Here are some of the situations where choosing a ductless heat pump can mean big savings:
- Homes with Electric or Inefficient Heating – Some homes in Minnesota rely on electrical heating systems. The cost of electricity increases every year. During the spring and fall, a ductless heat pump can supply heating at a substantially lower cost than an electric or other inefficient heating system. Your savings can more than offset the additional cost of choosing a heat pump model over an air-conditioning-only ductless system.
- Rooms Not Connected to Air Ducts – If you have areas that don’t have air duct registers from your forced air heating system, you probably rely on electric space heating for those rooms. If you install a ductless heat pump for those spaces, it can provide efficient, money-saving heat during cool weather, compared to the electric heat, as well as efficient air conditioning when it’s hot.
- Seasonally Used and Detached Rooms – Ductless air conditioning is ideal for three-season porches, garages, workshops and other detached spaces. In many cases, those areas are not used during winter months. A high-efficiency ductless heat pump can extend their usefulness in cool spring and fall weather, even if you don’t heat them during the winter. Choosing heat pump technology is a smart way to get maximum use from these rooms.
Calculate Savings from Ductless Heat Pumps Before Making a Decision
As the most trusted heating and air conditioning dealer in the Minneapolis St. Paul area, we understand residential HVAC systems for homes in our variable climate. We sell and install all types of equipment, and want every customer to make the best choices. We have installed thousands of these advanced home comfort products across the Twin Cities, from Maple Grove, Minnetonka and Edina to Woodbury, Eagan and Burnsville. If ductless technology is the best solution for your requirements, we’ll help you calculate how much you can save by including the heat pump option for your installation. In our free consultation in your home, our home comfort adviser will explain all of your options, help you compare costs, and give you accurate price quotes for all options. We’ll let you make your own decision, with no pressure.